Studies estimate that by the end of 2019, 80% of the world’s internet traffic will be video-based. Not blogs. Not static images. VIDEO. Part of this is due to the popularity of video streaming services like Netflix & Hulu, but a huge part of it is advertising & content creators.
According to Forbes:
- 55% of people watch videos online every day
- 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video about it
- 90% of viewers say product videos are helpful in their purchase process
- People spend an average of 3 times longer watching live social videos vs. prerecorded videos
- 30% of Instagram users have purchased a product through Instagram on their mobile phone or tablet – making them 70% more likely to do mobile purchases than non-Instagram users.
What does this mean for influencers? You GOTTA jump on the video bandwagon.
Why is influencer-created video so popular? Viewers like seeing a real person review + demonstrate a product, not a paid celebrity or actor. Live streaming video in particular makes your fans feel like they’re in the room with you, just hanging out and chatting. It’s an immersive, engaging experience that creates more sales – AND higher purchase totals.
Your to-do list:
- Schedule regular uploads of prerecorded content to YouTube, Instagram/IGTV, and Facebook
- Regularly do livestreams on IG live or with YT livestreams, where your fans can interact with you: Be sure to promote these ahead of time, so your fans know to tune in!
- NEVER post a video without at least 5 MagicLinks. Ever. The optimum number of links per video is 10-15, so aim for at least 10 to keep increasing sales.
- Don’t forget a CTA (Call To Action) in every video: “I’ve linked everything for you in the description box, so you can shop before this awesome sale ends!”