You love your subscribers, right? Of course! They’ve got the same interests as you do, they’re smart, funny, and savvy – and they love your videos! So, it makes sense to cater to them and interact with them. Creating a welcoming, engaging community where they can interact with each other and with you is a challenge, but a fun one. Read on for our best tips!
The quickest, easiest way to find out what your subscribers want to see more of is simple: Ask. People LOVE to let you know their opinions.
A few great leading questions are:
- “Let me know what kinds of tutorials you’d like to see me do!”
- “Are there any products you’ve been dying to see me review?”
- “I didn’t love this product, but if there’s a similar one you use and love, let me know so I can review it in a future video!”
- “Leave a comment with a description of the hardest-to-shop-for person on your holiday gifting list, and I’ll make a video of gift suggestions for some of the commenters!”
RESPOND TO COMMENTS
When your channel is growing by leaps and bounds, it’s hard to keep up with ALL comments, but you should make an effort to personally reply to at least 5-10 comments a day. Subscribers LOVE when their fave YTer responds to them!
ADD A CALL TO ACTION TO EVERY VIDEO
Have you written your intro and outro yet? Most popular Youtubers have their set opening and closing spiels memorized. Said spiels ALWAYS include something like, “Please like this video and leave me a comment so I know what you’re thinking, and don’t forget to subscribe to my channel and become a part of our family!”
ENCOURAGE FRIENDLY COMMENTING
We’ve talked about moderating comments before, but it bears repeating. Set clear guidelines for your subscribers, i.e.:
- What kind of language is unwelcome,
- Constructive criticism only,
- Please report any comments that offend the subscriber, and
- That you CAN and WILL block repeat offenders!
Welcome to Optimize Your Account, where we’re breaking down what you need to know about social media platforms and MagicLinks to increase your online visibility, maintain authentic communication with brands and your subscribers, and maximize your MagicLinks experience and commissions. Got a topic you want us to cover? Email us!