Is Instagram taking over the world? First, they stole Snapchat’s thunder by introducing Instagram Stories, and made it even BETTER with the Highlights Archive feature. Now, it appears IG is going for the OG of internet video, YouTube, with their newest app: IGTV.
IGTV can be used as a standalone app, or within the Instagram app. Video uploads can be up to 10 minutes long – although, some higher-profile accounts are allowed videos up to 1 hour long – and all videos will record and upload in the vertical orientation. The app is designed for mobile phone users, making it easy to watch, upload, comment, and browse. There is no live video feed feature on IGTV yet, but it’s coming soon.
HOW DO I INCORPORATE MAGICLINKS INTO MY IGTV VIDEOS?
IGTV videos, like Instagram Stories, are a great opportunity to promote quick product sales, post quick initial reviews of new products, and tease your upcoming longer-form videos or content on your other social media platforms. You can add more than one link per video description, but adding too many links looks spammy and will likely turn viewers off. Keep it to one or two MagicLinks per IGTV post.
Read on for our step-by-step tutorial!
1. Plan and film your video, then open the MagicLinks iOs app and create + copy the MagicLinks you want to add to it.
2. Open the the IGTV app on your phone. You can also open it in the Instagram app, via the IGTV icon in the upper right-hand corner.
3. Upload your video from your phone’s camera roll. Click your profile picture icon on the IGTV app homepage to create your channel, or access your channel if you’ve already created one. Then, click “Upload” and select the video you want to add.
4. Select an attention-grabbing cover image. You can upload a video and cover image thumbnail from your phone’s camera roll and add your own text and images, or let IGTV select a screenshot from the video, just like with Instagram Stories.
5. Write a clickable title and keyword-rich description for your video. Include your MagicLinks and finish with a call to action, i.e. “Click the link to shop this must-have romper from Revolve Clothing!”
Pro Tip: If you need to edit an existing IGTV title or description, you cannot do that on your mobile phone. It must be done by accessing your IGTV account on a computer.
6. Make sure to turn on “Make Visible On Facebook Page”, so that your content will appear on multiple platforms.
7. Click “Post” to upload your awesome IGTV video, and don’t forget to promote your IGTV video channel on your other social media channels!